Florida man to serve five years in 2012 jewelry store robbery – Low Calorie Diets Tips

A Florida man has been sentenced to five years in prison after pleading guilty and admitting his role in a 2012 Greenwood jewelry store robbery.

Osniel Labrada-Guillen, 36, of Hialeah, Fla., pleaded guilty to burglary as a Class C felony June 6 before Johnson County Circuit Court Judge Andrew Roesener. Labrada-Guillen was originally charged with burglary and larceny in 2015 and the larceny charges were merged as part of his sentencing, according to online court records.

As part of his plea agreement, Labrada-Guillen will be executed every five years of his sentence. He received a 163-day jail term and was ordered to pay $470,739.83 in compensation to McGee and Company – the store that was robbed. The court also found that he was destitute to pay court costs, court documents said.

On the morning of April 23, 2012, Greenwood police were called to the McGee and Company jewelry store at the 800 block of US 31 North, south of Greenwood Park Mall, to report a burglary. When they arrived, the store owner told them that one of the door locks had been tampered with, according to a probable cause affidavit filed in Johnson County Circuit Court in 2015.

After discovering the locks had been tampered with, the owner went inside to disable the store’s alarm, but he had no power. The owner looked around the store, spotted a break-in and called the police, court documents show.

Two Rolex watches, a chain bracelet and a diamond bracelet were reported missing from the store – an estimated loss of $500,000. The owner also reported $15,000 in damage to the store, according to court documents.

Police say the suspects damaged a steel security gate and drilled three holes in the roof to get into the store through the ceiling. They also cut alarm and telephone lines into the ceiling. Police also found a pair of bolt cutters outside the store’s back door, court documents show.

Police reviewed security footage that showed two suspects attempting to enter the store just before midnight on April 21, 2012. Several hours later, around 7:30 a.m., the suspects were seen on video entering the store while wearing hooded sweatshirts and black ski masks. according to court records.

The suspects were later seen prying open displays and filling a pair of large duffel bags with jewelry and watches. They then exited the store through the back door and were seen getting into a truck being driven by a third suspect, court documents show.

A few days later, two Greenwood residents who lived near the store found a black mask on the floor that matched the general description of masks worn in the robbery. According to court documents, police sent the mask to the Indiana State Police Lab for DNA testing.

A month later, police received information showing that Labrada-Guillen’s stolen items were pawned at a pawn shop in Hialeah, Fla. When Greenwood Police spoke to Florida Police, they identified and confirmed that the Greenwood robbery was the stolen item. Florida police later confirmed through fingerprint analysis that Labrada-Gullen had pawned the items, court documents show.

Pawnshop records show that Labrada-Guillen pawned the items on the morning of April 23 — about a day after the three suspects left the Greenwood jewelry store. Police say a one-way trip could reasonably complete between 18 and 20 hours, according to court documents.

The Indiana State Police lab matched the DNA of the mask found in Greenwood in July 2012. The DNA profile matched another sample taken in Cobb County, Georgia. After speaking with detectives in Georgia, state troopers determined that the sample was from a case similar to the one in Greenwood. The case involved a burglary on the roof of a jewelry store in Kennesaw, Georgia, in January 2010, in which more than $1 million worth of jewelry was stolen, court documents show.

The DNA profile was unknown until September 2014, when the samples were matched to Labrada-Guillen, according to court documents.

Labrada-Guillen’s whereabouts were unknown until December 2014, when he was arrested in Palm Beach, Florida. He was arrested after committing a traffic offense that was elevated to felony status under Florida law, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported in 2015. He was later extradited to Cobb County, Georgia, on charges related to a robbery there in 2010, court documents show.

A Georgia judge sentenced him to 20 years in prison and 13 years probation, according to the Atlanta Journal constitution.

In early 2015, the Indiana State Police Crime Laboratory received an updated sample of Labrada-Guillen’s DNA. The updated sample matched DNA found on the mask in Greenwood and a warrant was issued for his arrest, according to court documents.

Labrada-Guillen was serving a seven-year sentence stemming from Georgia’s December conviction. Deputies from the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office went to Georgia after Christmas to bring him back to Indiana, Sheriff Duane Burgess said at the time.

The status and whereabouts of the other two suspects in the Greenwood robbery are unknown.

Leave a Comment