Hello again everyone! It’s Karena Garrity, your Daily anchor. Here you will find all the important things you should know about what is happening on site.
First today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and very hot. High: 95 Low: 69.
👀 Attention local businesses & marketers: Get more customers in Mooresville by sponsoring this daily newsletter, read by the same people you want to reach. Click here to learn more.
Here are today’s top three stories from Mooresville:
- Creating a place where food can grow and people can learn The Earnhardt family and the Dale Jr. Foundation, along with longtime partner Unilever, reportedly created Mimi’s Garden in honor of Brenda Jackson (aka Mimi)., the mother of Kelley Earnhardt Miller and Dale Earnhardt Jr., who died in 2019 after a battle with cancer. The 14,000 square foot garden, located at FeedNC’s new facility at 2456 Charlotte Highway, will grow local produce to be distributed to those in need. In addition, the garden is used to educate the community about the importance of respecting the land and growing food in a sustainable way. Wheelbarrows, shovels, gardening tools and financial support are needed to keep this garden thriving. (Feed NC via Facebook)
- Tuesday was the second day the Morrisville Police Department summer camp and it was packed with a day of excitement. The junior officers learned all sorts of things, like being on a SWAT team, bike safety, and how to park the golf cart. They also had to walk a straight line while wearing drunk goggles and play some bingo! Have fun campers! (Mooresville Police Department via Facebook)
- The city of Mooresville has issued a scam alert for residents. “If you receive a call from someone claiming to work for the City of Mooresville that you have an overpayment on your account and need to provide a credit card number in order to post a credit to your account, please DO NOT provide that information! This is a scam. If you have any questions regarding utility billing, please contact Jessie Colton, Billing & Collections Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-663-3800.” (City of Mooresville NC via Facebook)
Help us to make this newsletter better!
We’ve had so much positive feedback about the Mooresville Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Would like bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? Then use our simple – and fast! — Reader survey. Your feedback helps us ensure we cover the kind of local news, events and gossip that you really care about. And it will help us achieve our goal of being a must-have local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d love to hear your feedback so much that we’ll put your email address in a if you take the survey Drawing for a little mountain of patch swag. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us directly. Thanks very much!
Take the survey 👉
Today in Mooresville:
- Iredell SCAM JAM – Mooresville-South Iredell Chamber of Commerce (noon)
From my notebook:
- City of Mooresville: “At our Board of Commissioners meeting, a proclamation was read recognizing July 2 as Corpus Callosum Day as a disorder.” (City of Mooresville NC via Facebook)
- Mooresville Public Library: “As we explore the ‘Oceans of Possibility’ around us, school-age children are invited to join us in learning all about live seashells with the North Carolina Aquarium! This virtual program will take place on June 23 in the Youth Service common room. (Moorsville Public Library via Facebook)
- Feed NC: “We know Gather at the Table was over a month ago (where’s the time?) but we can’t help but look at the hilarious photos! Have you seen anyone you know?” (Feed NC via Facebook)
- Mooresville Chamber of Commerce: “Allen Tate Companies President and CEO Pat Riley has been recognized with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Charlotte Business Journal.” (Mooresville Chamber of Commerce via Facebook)
- NC Transport Museum: “Go behind the scenes for a unique opportunity to explore the Museum That Moves You with a new guided tour. The Moving the Military Guided Tour takes place on July 2nd. This tour will highlight military vehicles and equipment in the museum’s collection. Travel back in time as you learn about the significance of the exhibits and their role in military history. Duration: This tour takes approximately 60 minutes.” (Mooresville Chamber of Commerce via Facebook)
- Neighbor, beaten path: “I’m looking for referrals for a new vet who also does boarding. We have a senior and a dog with a medical problem and need a boarding house that will notice if/when there is a problem and provide medical care for our puppies. Thank you! ” ” (next door)
- Neighbor Next Door, Water Tree Landing: “Anyone missing a cat? A very cute kitten was found in my backyard.” (next door)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to step out the door this Wednesday. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update!
— Karen Garrity
About me: Diary is in my blood! I’ve been a community reporter for almost 20 years. I love Mooresville and am honored to be a part of Patch.com. You can reach me at …; email@example.com.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Mooresville Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org